Lake Oswego's Top-Rated Choice for New Chimney Tops
The Top Hatter provides professional chimney and fireplace cleaning and inspections in Lake Oswego and surrounding cities. When it comes to chimneys, regular cleaning (often called chimney sweeping) is essential to prevent the build-up of creosote, a common cause of house fires. The Top Hatter is committed to helping homeowners protect their families and properties by ensuring the safety of their air and fireplaces.
We offer our customers a chimney inspection, fair prices, and qualified technicians whose focus is always on providing superior attention to detail in ensuring the safety of your home. The Top Hatter provides comprehensive chimney cleaning services which also include thorough inspections where we check for cracks, damaged flues and other common problems. We will eliminate all of the soot from your chimney and fireplace - without making a mess in your home!
Why Choose The Top Hatter?
- Family owned, independent business
- Residential and commercial services
- Offer free, no-obligation estimates
- Fully licensed and insured.
- Over 20 years of masonry experience
- Top-rated service
Affordable New Chimney Caps/Tops in the Lake Oswego Area
Standard Flue Cap
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit around the outside of the standard-size clay flue tile.
Custom Flue Cap
Designed to fit odd-size clay liners, over multiple clay liners, or custom brick or block chimneys with or without liners.
Inside Fit Flue Cap
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit inside brick chimneys
Air Cooler Cap
Designed to fit that requires air circulation for cooling whether.
Made from stainless steel, this cap is used for extremely rainy and windy conditions. It is designed to fit rectangular, square or oval flue tiles.
Non-Air Cooled Caps
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit solid pack-style pipe systems. See air cooled cap description.
Air Cooled Wind Directional Cap
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit air-cooled pipe systems. This cap helps stop the wind from down drafting.
Wind Directional Transitional
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit rectangular, square or oval clay flue tiles. These caps help stop down drafting.
Non-Air Cooled Wind Directional Cap
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit solid pack and single wall systems. This cap helps stop wind from down drafting.
Non-Air Cooled Rain Cap
Designed to fit solid pack pipe systems. See Air Cooled Cap description. This cap is designed to help keep rain out.
Directional Flue Cap
Made from stainless steel, these are designed to fit over clay liners with a hole for running pellet pipe through, for permanent closure to exhaust systems.
Made from stainless steel, this cap is designed to fit around the outside of standard-size clay liners. These caps help stop down drafting.
Chimney Damper Cap Installation
Keep heat and energy in, and rain and animals out with a chimney damper cap. The Lock-Top Damper seals tight with a silicone rubber gasket. A Lock-Top Damper seals tight so virtually no air, and thus no heat or air conditioning, gets lost up the chimney.
The Lock-Top also eliminates downdrafts, seals out rain which can deteriorate the inside of your chimney, and prevents entry by pests like squirrels, raccoons, and nesting birds.
Why Your Poorly Performing Damper is Costing You Money
- Traditional dampers are located in the "throat" of a fireplace. They are made of cast-iron and are housed in a low-tech frame work.
- The cast-iron plate and frame do not seal tightly, allowing energy dollars to escape.
- These cast-iron dampers do not seal well and have a leaky, rough, metal-to-metal seal.
- Recent lab studies have shown that even a new throat damper can leak up to $200 of heating and cooling a year. Imagine how much energy an old, rusted damper leaks!
The Lock-Top Energy-Saving Damper Seals Tightly to Save You Money
- Lock-Top's rubber gasket seals tightly like a storm door for your fireplace, and keeps heating and cooling dollars where they should be - in your home.
- Lock-Top mounts on top of your chimney to keep out animals and rain.
- Lock-Top easily operates from inside your firebox and seals tight every time you close it---eliminating any draft.