Fireplace Inspections in Vancouver, Portland, & Bend
Regular maintenance and inspection of your firebox, chimney, and liner will help eliminate potential dangers.
The Top Hatter provides comprehensive chimney cleanings services, which also include thorough inspections where we check for cracks, damaged flues, and other common problems.
- The firebox where you light the fire.
- The damper that opens and closes to control the draft.
- We also check the interior of the chimney (flue liner) to ensure that there are no holes, cracking or damage.
Next, we go up to the roof to check the exterior of the chimney. Here we inspect:
- The height of the chimney (3ft. above the roofline within 10 feet of the peak.)
- If there is a spark arrestor/cap on the chimney.
- The crown, it should be free of any cracks or deterioration.
- The moisture resistance.
Questions to expect from us before and during your fireplace inspection:
- Are you having any smoking problems?
- Are you having any leaking problems?
- When was the last time you had this cleaned?
- How much wood do you burn?
- What kind of wood do you burn?
- Have you ever had problems with animals getting in?